Secondments for current students or recent graduates
Recognising the company’s role in nurturing future talent, Tasdance offers secondment places during the creation of new work and remounting of programs for touring. Two secondment positions per rehearsal week are available to students, the newly graduated, and dancers within their first few years of professional practice.
The experience of secondment gives participants a very real experience of the dance industry. Joining the company for daily class, followed by a full day of rehearsals, the young dancers are exposed to the demands of the profession. For Tasdance, the week is an opportunity for Artistic Director, Felicity Bott, to assess potential company dancers for future projects, and witness firsthand whether these young dancers would be an appropriate fit within the ensemble.
The company’s activities will vary according to the dates we have offered you. You can expect to:
- Participate in company class every morning from 9am,
- Participate in rehearsals and learn repertoire where appropriate,
- View videos of the company repertoire,
- Mingle and chat with the dancers during breaks and
- Observe the choreographic process if the company is in creative development or witness the current work being remounted at the time of your visit.
The company presently has classes in Contemporary technique, Classical Ballet, Yoga and Conditioning.